Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Preparing for the new school term..with a hint of nostalgia

Well... preparation for the school items have started. Have been going shopping with Mama, AF1 & AF2 for their school uniforms, shoes, stationary etc.

When we were looking for the school shoes, we came across this..


Bata Badminton Master! Mama was so excited that she insisted AF1 get one of those. Ahhh it relived all the memories... I used to own a few pairs in those days...and it was definitely cheaper in those days.

However, this is what I used to wear once I got to secondary school...
Warrior shoes....! It was considered cool to own a warrior shoes back then. Multi purpose shoes it was... for jalan-jalan, football, takraw, basketball and of course for school wear.

AF1 has a new set of uniforms right now... she was a librarian in her year 6, so no hand me downs for AF2....since librarian wears a different uniform (the brown uniforms). It was quite hard to get uniforms for both of them since AF1 is very tall and thin.... If it fits her waist, the kain would be too short. If it fits her height.... it will be too loose... sigh. but we ended up with a good fit any way.

When I was paying for all the items, it brought me back to the days when my arwah father was paying for all my things. Never thought of it that much when I was younger, but now I realise how much he cared for me when he bought all the school items for me without any complaints. And it took me thinking to families more unfortunate than we are, how the kids are without new clothes for school, make do with hand me downs but still with smiles on their faces.

Apologies for not being able to articulate my thoughts well into words, but hopefully you get what I mean.

All in all the kids are ready with their new school term, and even AF3 is eager to go to his kindergarder with a pair of new shoes. What is left now is just the school text books for AF1 which she will only get once school opens.

-------------------------------------

On another note, I havent been updating the postings since things at work have been affecting me a lot lately. I will not go into details or dwell in it but suffice to say that things are not really well and morale in the company is quite low at the moment. I try to be as positive as possible... hey, its the paycheque that I bring home at the end of the day that matters. Cari makan maa...

1 comment:

wanshana said...

Hi afsi,

Hope things at work will pick up and everything will turn out okay.

Yup, we've also bought school uniforms, shoes and stationeries for the kids already. Tinggal exercise books and buku kerja the younger ones belum beli lagi.

Same as you, it also got me thinking about those less fortunate kids, when we were paying for the school stuff, etc., the other day. Most of the times, it'll be hand-me-downs for them, and they never complain. Bless them.

Here's to another great schooling year for our kids :)