Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Travelling time.....

The CNY holidays presented us with an opportunity to take a break and go somewhere. My SIL and her family drove down from Penang to KL on Tuesday evening. And on Wednesday morning all of us, in two cars, started our journey to the east coast.

The 11 of us, me, mama, AF1, AF2, AF3, my MIL, my SIL & her husband, her 2 kids and my SIL's MIL packed in the two vehicles and we ended our first leg of the journey in Cherating. Upon arrival the 5 kids were eager to jump in the hotel's swimming pool. All of us ended up swimming, 'berendam' and lazing around at the pool. Once the kids had their share of the pool, off to the beach for some sand playing. I didnt even get to attempt to build a sandcastle (as if I could) as I was busy looking after the kids at the beach. Mama was with her new toy, snapping away pics of the kids and the scenery.

After the kids had enough of the sea and sun.... it was back to the pool for more splashing... before retreating to our rooms to get ready for dinner. Next challenge was dinner...

I was not from around there and since we dont prefer dinner at the hotel we had to go search for a decent place to eat. I chatted with the guy and gal at the reception and they suggested that I try out an eatery called Restoran Bulan. It is located by the sea, by the Legend Hotel. Well that suggestion was enough for me to give it a shot. Managed to find that place easily, since Legend Hotel had a huge signboard. Drove past Legend Hotel's entrace and right up to the beachfront a voila... there it was a quaint and nice and cozy place. The whole group went in and ordered.... and to know what, we are by the beach.. and nobody ordered seafood....

While waiting for our order, we strolled at the beach, and it was wonderful. The sky was clear and you could see the stars. My kids were amazed at the sight as 1.they dont go out often at night and 2. in KL we wouldnt be able to see this beautiful skyline...

Dinner was nice with the ambiance and sound of waves and the food was good. The price was reasonable and all of us had a good time.

Once we got to the hotel, everybody was ready to hit the sack due to the 'strain' of swimming and me... tired from the driving.

All of us woke up early that morning and after Solat Subuh, we went out to the beach to try to catch the sunrise on the beach. Although we were quiet late, but it was still a sight to behold.

Apologies since I am describing this in words since I dont have any pictures to show you guys.

Then checked out of the hotel and made our way to KT. We had our reservations in a hotel in Merang, so we decided to stop by KT to visit some places first.

On our way....

My AF3 saw some goats by the roadside.... and he went "Mama, look... deer!"....
Town kids.....

We arrived in KT with both me and my Biras was really unfamiliar with KT. I was in the lead and just praying the the roadsigns and signboards in KT were adequate. Luckily for us it was adequate enough for me to get into KT and to get to Taman Tamadun Islam.

There was a huge jam to get to TTI. I saw people walking from the State Museum (I didnt know it was that far then) I managed to drive all the way to the parking spots in TTI itself. We didnt have to walk far. But TTI was a huge disappointment for me. All the models of the mosque from around the world was closed as it wasnt fully completed yet. The only highlight was the Masjid KristalManaged to get in and performed solat while I was there (No, it wasnt officially opened yet, it was only officially opened the next evening )

Went to the exhibits and the Exhibition center and then made our way to the hotel in Merang. The kids were a bit disappointed since they didnot have any pool time for that day.

The next day spent half the day in the pool and at the beach. The beach was so and so, and the waves were quiet strong. Did not encourage the kids to really splash in the water, only sat at the edge of the water and let the waves splashed on us....

In the afternoon again went to KT, ended up at the State Museum, and we had limited time since it was only open from 3-5pm on Friday afternoon. Went over to Pasar Payang after that, where my SIL got some shopping done.. and mama didnt shop much as she had her resolution that this trip is for sightseeing and not shopping..... well done mama...

Having no clue where to have dinner, and I saw a Retoran Terapung nearby, we decided to try that..... It was a huge disappointment again, and I wouldnt recommend that place to anyone.

Back to the hotel and I again crashed and burned right into bed, tired form the exertion of the day.

Next morning there were still time for the kids to go to the pool and the beach. We were all 'tanned' by the time we got back to the rooms to clean up and pack up. Checked out that afternoon, and we went our seperate ways. My SIL and her family went further north to take the highway to go back to Penang (cant remeber the name of the highway... Lebuhraya Timur Barat?) and we went back the way we came, going south down to KT and to Kuantan and through the LPT. Stopped by for lunch somewhere nearby the hotel, where we had Nasi Kukus for lunch. It was quiet good, and picky eater AF3 finished his rice.....!

Stopped by Marang to buy keropok, both keropok ikang and keropok lekor and some satar (thats me shopping). There were a lot of cars on the trunk road, made a few stops along the way and it was nearly Maghrib when we reached Gambang rest area on the LPT. Had dinner there and drove all the way home, dropped my MIL at her place and arrived home tired but satisfied...

Next holidays?... it will only be after AF1 finishes her UPSR... thats a long way to go.....

No comments: