Friday, May 23, 2008

Aaaaaaargggghhh!!!!

While I was at the mosque for Friday prayers, somebody broke my rear car window (the fixed window at the back, the one that couldnt be wound down) in an attempt to look for valuables. Luckily I dont have any valuables (Laptop, Handphone etc) in the car. The person did not attempt to open the door otherwise the alarm would have been triggered.

The person broke the window, ripped the boot cover and saw that there was nothing in the boot. Everything else was left untouched.

I was liked pissed off, since now I have to send the car for repairs and get the glass replaced. On the other hand I was relieved that nothing was stolen, the car wasnt stolen and can still be driven.

What to do....

So I drove the car to my regular workshop, which is the workshop chain for the car, and left it there for repairs. Luckily my insurance included windscreen coverage, which included this piece of glass.

In all the commotion, I forgot to snap even one picture of the window.... sigh.

My car will only be ready tomorrow and I am carless for now. I am getting a ride home, thanks to my friend who is staying nearby, and tomorrow I will have to drive Mama's car for all the errands.

So to everyone else... Park safely

2 comments:

wanshana said...

Oh my...Sorry to hear about your car. Nasib baik covered.

Just curious - did you leave anything at all at the back that might have caught the culprit's eyes?

We normally would hide everything from the view of anybody peeping into our cars. Even if you leave an empty bag in there, those people out there wouldn't know that and would break the glass to check it out.

I hope those culprits get what they deserve....

afsi said...

Dear WS

Thanks.

I did not leave anything valuable in the car. I make it a point not to. It just happened. Fated I guess. Maybe they were expecting me to leave a laptop at the back, and just hoping to strike it lucky. Another car parked nearby got its boot pried open...