Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Some going ons at school

I am in a loong meeting right now. I have done my part, presented my new project proposal and current project updates, now listening at other updates. So might as well do some updates :)

A couple of weekends ago, AF1 & AF2's school had a 'Hari Karnival Keluarga' to collect funds for the school for facility improvements and so on. It was quite successful in my opinion, with a huge turnout from the kids, the parents and the community. There were a lot of activities, flying fox, 'rumah hantu', games, food, competition and entertainment.

The kids were so excited to be able to go on the flying fox and rumah hantu. Even my AF2 who usually is quite timid and less adventorous went eagerly on the flying fox. I didnt do much, just entertaint the kids to what they want to do, and AF1 went off to be with her friends.

Moving on, last Friday, the school held its report card day. I didnt want to rush, so I took the day off along with Mama to see the teachers to hear from the how both the kids are doing in school. We wanted to hear from them, especially AF1's teacher to check on her readiness for the coming UPSR.

AF2's teacher commented that while she is doing quite well in her studies, but she is still very quiet in class, and the teacher perceived that she lacks courage and confidence to speak out. She tries to encourage AF2 with mixed responses.

AF1's teacher assured us that she has no problem with her studies. The teacher extended her praises for AF1's Maths results where she is showing good grades for her maths subject.

Enough for a quick update.

Cheers

No comments: