Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The fragility of it all

Referring to the previous post, it set me thinking. How life is so fragile and unpredictable. We plan but God determines. Every time I go out, will I get back safely to see the cheering faces of my wife and 3 adorable kids. Will I still be around to see them grow up, will I always be there to nurture them, to provide for them, to educate them, to be there during the good and bad times, during the ups and downs?

Will I be able to take care of my health in order to always be there for my family. Will be safe on the road to be able to travel to and from home to be there when they need me?

I have had the pain when my parents passed away. I was unfortunate not to be by their side during the last moments. I was in KL at work on both occasions. However, the impact was different from this situation. When my parents passed away, there was just sorrow, sadness and a sense of loss. This occasion the impact was different. It hit closer to home. You lose the sense of security. Granted he was 9 years older than me but what is 9 years? Pejam celik pejam celik 9 years passes you by.

It had me pondering, what if something happens to me? What have I prepared for my family? Financially, hopefully it's covered. I have my life insurance and EPF which has my wife as my benificiary.
Emotionally, I dont think one can ever be prepared for the devastation.
Spiritually, I will always be there.
Physically, life goes on for them.
I hope I have raised my kids well enough to overcome whatever lies in their path.

To my wife, my dear wife, my beloved wife, I know well enough that you can survive. That's why I married you in the first place. I know you are fiercely independent, you are strong and I know that you can take care of the kids better than I ever could.

Sorry for the sombre mood today cant help but think of what transpired over the weekend.

Hopefully my next entry will be on a more cheerful note. Till next time

No comments: