Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Going away again

I will be away again from tomorrow till saturday. Off to PD this time. Its a leadership program. More about it when I get back.

Another scenario thats going round the company now is resignation. Quite a number are leaving. Why? I dont know... they have better opportunities. Why am I still here. I can only think of two things

1. I dont have a better offer elsewhere
2. I like what I am doing here.

For number 1, I did have an offer a few months back. I declined since it was not attractive enough at the end of the day. It was only a 10% increase intially, when I sounded my intention to decline, they increased another 5% to a GRAND TOTAL of.....15%. Well considering the travelling..(it is in the middle of KL btw) the additional costs of tol and worst of all..... WORKING SATURDAYS. That beat the lot!

No 2 - I am in the middle of a big project, racing with the other giant telco to rollout the latest network. A new thing, new challenge, things to learn. So... nothing beats that!

I think I am marketable... but there have been no attractive offers.... any takers out there?


On another note
My AF3 is not feeling well for the past couple of days. It is very hard since he refuses to take medicine orally. No choice but to insert the bullet shape medicine up his behind. so far his fever is on and off, but at least he is eating well. He has only been his bubbly self in spurts when he feels better.

OK I need to finish my work before I sign off for the day. See you next week

No comments: