Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Under the weather

The weather is making me go under the weather. Sorry no updates yesterday. Had a few things on my mind to unleash in this ramblings. Unfortunately I was knocked out by the flu. No updates on the weekend tho, I only blog from the office so there you go. The computer at home conquered by the kids, once I switch it on my AF3 will come and say " Nak Lightning Mcqueen" which means he wants to go to the Disney website and play the games there. Not bad for a four year old kid.

Any way, still not feeling to well and my brain is still stuck on second gear. I have a lot of paperwork to finish. And I damn well hate paperwork.

Got this call last Sunday evening:

Caller: Can you send someone for a meeting with customer on Monday 10am
Me: What is it about?
Caller: They want technical person to resolve some issues
Me: OK. What issues? So I can send the relevant people.
Caller: Some technical issues
Me: Ya larr... What are the issues
Caller: I dont know, all I know is there are issues...
Me: Then why dont you get the people who knows what the issues are instead of calling everyone as if it is a crisis. Go and call Mr X to solve this....

End of call

Dont you just hate that? HooHaa about big issues where they dont even know what the issue is? How can we solve ISSUES when nobody can tell us what the issue is? How can we prepare when no one knows what the issue is? Such an issue

I know, I know some of you might say that it is irresponsible of me not supporting the team But picture this, when there is meeting with the customer and you are sure to be in the line of fire, these guys get all the technical people to be 'hentamed' by the customer and no sales or presales person in sight.

Oh ya.. btw the caller did not attend the meeting.


Before I go I will leave you with some inside joke that we have in the office. Some of the techies might understand what they mean but surely could not get the joke...

Lelong VRF 3 RM 10
BGP routes satu 20 sen

There you go.. to see how craetive(crazy) our presales team is


C Ya

No comments: