Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Post Raya Blues

Blues? Well, not really. I did have a nice Raya though. Started the journey to Penang on the wee hours of Friday, and got there at about 8-9 am. Stayed at my SIL's house. After Friday prayers went with my BIL to get some lemangs. For me Raya is not complete wihout lemang.




Ever tasted lemang pulut hitam? or even lemang jagung? Well, I can still remember when I was still young balik kampung to KK, my uncles would prepare lemang pulut hitam. And along the road from Kota Lama to KK town, lined up lemang sellers, with plain lemang and lemang jagung. Makes my mouth watery just mentioning this.

That evening, a small gathering at my SIL, with the wife's cousins, aunts and everyone else dropped by and a nice feast ensued. The kids had fun with bunga api (no mercun roket or meriam buluh mind you). Even had time to rush out for 10 minutes to meet my old STARian friend Kadiaq who lived around that area. Kadiaq, it was nice seeing you again.

Hari Raya again was enlightning, it was good time for reflections of the month that was.

My AF3 behaved very well, this year wearing his new Baju Melayu without throwing any tantrum. I was really proud, him able to wear his Baju Melayu and Songkok (no sampin though, doent match and not colour coordinated). The 5 of us were not really colour coordinated, everyone wearing different colours, or different shades. Doesnt matter, as long we celebrated Hari Raya together as one happy family.

Got back to KL on Sunday, via KK - short stops at more relatives and catching up on stories since meeting up once a year.

Took the whole week off, just to clear my head from my hectic schedule. Managed to find time to go to the Gardens (near Midvalley) just browsing through Robinsons, then had lunch at Italliannes, headed down to MPH, where the wife treated the kids to some books.

Saturday, after the normal schedule of being the chauffer (taekwando classes etc) went out to open houses, gathering at my Uncle's place in Klang. Had a wonderful meal steaks, chicken chop, tenderloin, sirloin, lamb shanks, salads, potato salads, brocolli, KFC(??) and desserts.

He cooked it himself and it was really filling for everyone. Then headed back to USJ for another friend (hunter) for his open house.

OOT - talking about hunt... Next hunt on my calendar - The Sun Hunt, for the hunters, see you there.

I'll take my leave here for now. See you soon

No comments: