Friday, November 2, 2007

Sparse and sporadic updates

Again, my fault for being too preoccupied with work to provide quantity updates. Coz once I'm in the mood I can ramble on and on. But this is part of my disciplinary training where I have to force myself to make updates for that is what I have promised myself.

Last weekend was my AF3's Parents- teacher discussion on his progress in kindie. Ok, so this boy is only 4 years old and should I put high expectations? I am talking about socially and academically. Compared with his two elder sisters, they were better socially (altho AF2 at this same point wasn't talking very much in kindie) and academically. Four year olds are now taught subtraction and addition. And he is now reading Ladybird's Peter & Jane books at book 6A. Is this now such a kiasu world that we are rushing kids along and hope them to mature earlier. Can kids just be kids at this age? However, I am at fault (if you can say that) as I am that goes with the flow in this aspect, hoping my AF3 dont get left behind. I let him still be the baby that he is once he gets home.

Anyway, socially he has improved, made friends, but still cant hold a proper conversation with me. (No, I dont expect a debate.... at least till he is 9 years old :)) At least I observed that his way of thinking has improved and he has become more observant. He is not that fluent (orang melayu kata petah bercakap)

My other two girls are now waiting for their results of their final exams. AF2 got 2nd place and 5As last year... I have a feeling she will drop slightly in her position in class, but she told me last night that she got 5As and best marks in BM Penulisan. Alhamdulillah

My AF1 still doesnt know how she fared, but going through her marks so far I anticipate she woould get 5As (Insyallah)

Ouch I sound like a a parent that keep scores on how my kids are doing... maybe to some extend I am.

So now in the afternoon I get calls from the asking permission to surf the internet or to watch Astro.

Well, I am now well versed in Hannah Monatana, High Schools Musical 1 & 2, other Disney channel series, Kim Possible, Totally Spies, and Nick series, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101 and a couple more that have slipped my mind, Astro Ceria series Adi & Ayah, Telematch (I hate the voiceovers), gerak geri gasing......Why? because I watch it with them... how good of a father am I? :)

AF3 if he gets bored watching the above.... he will go to the DVD cabinet and choose from his current favourite and ask me to watch it with him... and when I say current favourite he will watch it over and over and over again. I have gone through multiple sittings of The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Matilda, Transformers, Rattatouile (among others). Currently he doesnt have a specific title that he watches over and over again.


Enough rambling. I will now go back to the thing I call my work or the thing that I was suppose to complete one hour ago.....


Update....

Watch out as I will be driving around tomorrow (Saturday) taking part in the Sun Treasure Hunt. Hopefully we can win something....

3 comments:

Helena said...

Hi, saw yr name at wanshana's blog.

How old are your AF1 and Af2? Cant seem to find their ages in your entries.

afsi said...

Hi Helena,

My AF1 is 11 years old, AF2 is 9 years old & AF3 is 4 years old...

afsi said...

Correction....

My AF2 is 8 years old... she is in standard 2..

me bad me bad...