Monday, December 3, 2007

Champions!

Alhamdulillah. We came out tops in last weekends Treasure Hunt. The four of us came back with the perfect score and won the first prize of RM3,000. We got all the treasures correct, answered all the questions correctly. We came in quiet early, got to the midway control 10 minutes before it opened, and only the media teams came in earlier than us. We breezed through the questions to arrive at the final destination 30 minutes before the opening time.

Well.. the people at corporate comm office knows me now... and so does most of the people in the group.

On another note, went out on Sunday with the family and bought a chess set for my AF2. I am trying hard to teach her how to play, and she knows the basic moves, but I am not a good teacher :( She sometimes gets bored playing with me, since I dont let her win, although I gave her hints on what I am doing. Oh well.... thats why I never became a teacher although bot my late parents were teachers.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Congratzzz! The best placing I ever had for Treasure Hunt was no 4! Not bad for an all female team... hehe

I just started sending Puteri and Zaryff (8 and 7) for chess classes. Before this, selalu main with the elder ones, Helena dulu pun chess-crazy... But time is limited so when Zaryff showed extra interest in chess, kehulu hilir with his chess set, I thought its best if I send them to chess class la... since kita pun dah tak terlayan bila mereka ajak main....

afsi said...

Helena

Thanks.. bolehlah champion, closed hunt takdak regular hunt masters.

I dont think I'll be sending my AF2 for any chess class yet. I'll let her play for fun and let her enjoy it without any pressure of competing...

wanshana said...

I also send my 2nd and 3rd to chess classes, and they love it. Their Ayah is just like you - tak bagi chance langsung depa menang if he plays with them!

As for Treasure Hunt - I've never been in one, and I don't think I'll ever be in one! I'm totally hopeless when it comes to breaking codes and figuring out clues. And I'm even more hopeless when it comes to driving or navigating...