Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pseudo-random thoughts for today

I am maidless for the next three weeks. We (Mama and I) allowed our maid to go home for Hari Raya Haji since its been three plus years since she's been home. So the current arrangement is that we will take turn to take care of the kids for the time being. I will be taking a bulk of the turns to stay home since I still have a lot of annual leave to utilize.

So the last three days (Monday to Wednesday) I really spent time with the kids. It was relatively easy, make sure there is food for the kids to eat, do the laundry, and everything else that needs doing (hey, there so much with my ability that I can do...:)

My precious AF1 have been very good, helping me out with the chores and so on... she is quiet dependable. I am proud to be her father :)

Well today & tomorrow I am in the office and its Mama's turn to be at home, and I am sure that the kids is in better hands than their father's.......

Then I'll be off from next week onwards and Mama will join me from wednesday onwards, and hopefully after Hari Raya Qurban, the whole family can sneak of for a holiday somewhere for a well deserved break...

On another totally different note....

I was reading wanshana's blog the other day.. and it took me back to my yonder concert days. I actually started out going to so called 'concerts' during the KPP Shah Alam days, when they had the funfair across the road (those days there were no Giant or all the shops there, there were only huge desert). I would go with my group of friends, and watched Search, Bumiputra Rockers and the rock group of those times.....

It continued when I was overseas, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue (with opening act by Skid Row), Bon Jovi at Wembley Arena. Then Suzanne Vega and Tanita Tikaram at Brighton (how diverse was my taste in music - go figure)

Back home, Sheila Majid Concert in Stadium Negara, then after I met Mama, smaller gigs such as Harvey Malaiholo at Barn Thai Jazzaraunt (I think) and Go West at Hard Rock Cafe...


And those are just the ones I remembered...

So I admit that my taste in music was quiet weird... I listen to

Rock...
Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, White Lion, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Halloween, Poison, Extreme, Heart, Gary Moore, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Linkin Park... to name a few

Other types
Tanita Tikaram (she's no longer around I guess), Suzanne Vega, Sandra, Amy Grant, Bangles, Matchbox Twenty, Rick Astley (I dont believe it myself), Wet Wet Wet, Toni Braxton, Sadie and the list goes on...

These are the most notable ones that sticks to my mind.. Hey I even listened to the old classics.. Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong... and even classical classics Bach, Beethoven and the likes just because I liked the sound of the instruments coming from my Hi Fi....

I still have my Hifi sets from those crazy student days...

Musical Fidelity B1 integrated Amp
Musical Fidelity Speakers
Philips CD610 CD player
Denon Tuner
Denon Cassette Deck....

Probably I'll write about those much much later.

Back to my taste (or lack thereof) in music. Nowadays my taste is much simpler..... whatever is playing on radio, or whatever CDs that Mama or I bought, or whatever I downloaded for the kids, that now becomes part of my current music favorites...

So that ladies and gentlemen, ends my (scattered) ramblings for today

1 comment:

wanshana said...

Def Leppard - one of my favs, too ('A' Level years!). I used to think Joe Elliot was such a hunk. But, now bila ingatkan balik, I guess I was blind...Hahaha!

At Uni, just like you I would go to some random gigs which include Richard Marx, Salt n Peppa, Hue and Cry, among others.

Oh yes - Tanita Tikaram. Wasn't (isn't?) she half-Malaysian?