Thursday, April 24, 2008

AF2 sports day

Just got in the office. Attended AF2's sports carnival this morning. (This is for level1 ie year 1 to 3). She was quiet excited. The whole gang went to support her..:) ie Mama, AF1, my MIL and yours truly. We did not bring AF3 since he has just recovered from fever, which prevented him from going to school for the past week, and we dont want to exaggerate his fever (plus he doesnt like crowded places).

Unfortunately for AF2 it rained this morning, after only completing 2 events. So the teachers decided to bring the event indoors to the school's Open Hall. Then it was really noisy, with all the kids, the parents and close proximity of the location....

So we waited for her turn, and in the mean time we watched the other kids participating in their events... it was fun. Among the events, doing hula hoops, then pull a ball with the hoops. Throw small hoops onto skittles, throw small bean pack (???? - pundi kacang la....)

Af3 had to balance the pundi kacang on her head, walk and make a U-turn past a skittle and tag her team mate. There were 11 kids to a team. When it was her turn, she ran to pick up the pundi kacang and....... proceeded to walk like a princess, on a catwalk with grace and poise (instead of like being in a race) balancing the pundi kacang. I broke out into laughter. Luckily Mama was the photographer, otherwise I wouldnt be able to snap any pictures due to my burst of laughter.

Her team came up 3rd. After the medal presentation... off we went...

AF1? She is not participating in any events.... I dont think she is athletically inclined.

So now I have to wait till tonight to see all the pictures once it is downloaded to the PC


Cheers

4 comments:

wanshana said...

Also waiting for the pics to be uploaded here ;)

My younger kids just had their sports day 2 weeks ago. The weather was fine - too fine in fact, so I only went to the padang just before their respective event coz' it was just too hot!

The problem was, they did not announce the change of sequence for Hilman's event from what was typed in the programme book, and yours truly missed it!!! But, Hilman didn't seem to mind me not being there at all. Phew...

My eldest - Hanna had a 'Closed' Sports Day. Her school being an all girls secondary school, they did not allow male species over 11 years old to watch it. In fact parents were not really invited, as it was held on a working Thursday!

I'm not complaining... :)

afsi said...

Dear WS

Uploading pics?.. probably not.. Mama wouldnt have it... I respect her wish for privacy.

It never rained the previous years sports day from AF1 started schooling... just this year. I think this will be my last sports carnival for some time, that is before AF3 starts school, since I dont think AF2 will be participating in 'real' sports event just like her sis AF1.

My kids didnt mind me being there or not, its just me wanting to be there, Mama wasnt able to make it the last 2 years due to work commitments, but managed to this year... but the kids were casual about it.

Not that I am complaining tho...

wanshana said...

Of course! No problem :)

Have a good weekend.

Helena said...

Glad to know that the kids had fun.... Sports Day selalu buat HElena penat sesangat.... hehe, macamla kita yang kena lari sakan...