Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back in the groove

Well, everything is back to the normal routine. Kids to school, AF3 to his kindergarden, tuition, homeworks, bla bla bla...

My AF3 was very good this time round. No fuss like last year, went to school happily so far, although he might be a bit behind on his reading. Last night when we got the message from the kindie teacher, Mama grilled him on his reading. Everyone scooted out from the room leaving Mama and AF3 in the room for his reading session. Ended up he knows his key words, only that he is too lazy to read at home, more engrossed in his TV programs and his Internet games. This morning he is as talkative as usual, chirpy as I dropped him off at his kindie.

My AF1 and AF2 now have their own rooms. We redecorated the guest room to become AF1's room. But realising that they have a close bond AF2 spends most of her time in her sister's room. AF1 also persuaded AF2 to sleep with her at night on the queen bed in her room instead. Now they spend most of their time in AF1's room. I just let them be as long as they get along well together and let them decide where they want to sleep or spend their time.

Tuition for AF1 has started, and I have started to worry about UPSR this year. I try not to show my worry, but from time to time I try to remind her to dive into her books. She watches less TV nowadays, but still buries herself in storybooks. I just pray that she would do well in her exams.

Last weekend as Mama and I were browsing through at PJ Digital Mall, managed to grab (what I think was) a good deal. Managed to buy a new SDRAM (I was told that it was expensive since newer computer doesnt use this type of RAM anymore) 512M for RM 180. I enquired at Summit subang - new 512M - the going price was RM 340. Another outlet on the 1st floor of PJ Digital Mall was selling a used 512M for RM240, and an online offer of used 2x256M RAM for RM 130 (minus delivery charges). So I hope that I got a good bargain. Now my old AMD Duron PC is running faster, since it was running Windows XP with only 128M RAM! So I figured since I was there I got a 1G DDR for RM 70 for my other computer...... Both are Kingston by the way...Did I get a good price? I really hope so.. since I didnt go survey at Low Yatt...

Anyway, besides all that it has been a routine few weeks into 2008. Here's looking to more exciting moments for 2008.....

No comments: