Friday, September 19, 2008

Pasar Ramadhan

Which Pasar Ramadhan do you frequent? Everyone would have a favourite. Me? Not really my favourite, more of convenince. I frequent the nearest Pasar Ramadhan at USJ4. To tell you the truth, I always go there early, on my off days between 4.00-4.30. On my working days between 5.00 to 5.30. (I finish work at 4.30 during Ramadhan) I never go after those times. There would be too many people after that.

My favourite or usual haunts?

Putu Piring.
This Makcik is quite famous. She even appeared in Star Metro. Her putu piring is simply delicious (sorry I dont excel as a food critic as my vocabulary on adjectives are quite limited). But be prepared for a long queue. RM 0.50 per piece

Murtabak
There are only about 5 murtabak stalls. Look for Murtabak Langkawi. Its easy to spot. It has the longest queue. Well it does taste better than the rest. RM2.50 per piece (Chicken or meat)

Talam
This uncle sells a variety of Talam and similar kuihs. He sells one big block in the polestyrene pack. There Talam Gula Melaka, Talam Pandan, Seri Muka, Kasui, Kuih Lapis, Bingka Ubi, Bingka Beras.. etc etc..
RM 4 per piece

Johor delicacies
This lady sells Laksa Johor, Mee bandung Muar and Mee rebus Johor. The best in that row. RM 5 per set

The others that we usually buy are quite run of the mill kind of food, delicious and good enough to eat but nothing outstanding. My AFs would usually ask for roti John, Tau Foo Fah, Otak Otak, Caramel, tepung pelita, kebab, popia goreng and a few more that I cant remember at the moment.

Thats about it I guess....but I do miss the popia at Section 14 PJ, and my weekend mee mamak at USJ 20

See you at berbuka....

2 comments:

Helena said...

i dont cook much at home, so you can say that I'm a frequent visitor at Pasar Ramadhans..... hehe.

I would always buy 2 cups of Jelly Kelapa, one for Berbuka and one for bersahur. I'm starting to like Puding Caramel, so tambah lagi kat my list.... hehe.

My eldest suka sangat Lamb Chop which would cost between RM4 to RM9.... nasib baik dia jarang balik sbb duduk asrama... hehe. Oh and Kueh teow too.....

My girl yang same age as AF1 suka Nasi Ayam Ayamas..... My 9 yr old with her Roti Boom and Zaryff with her Ayam Goreng Rangka..... ish budak ni...... tak boleh beli selalu la dik....

Hehe....

Selamat berbuka to u and family...

IBU said...

I have not gone to Pasar Ramadhan this year, not even once.

Nay....not because I cook at home. LOL!!! Rather, tak kuasa nak redah jam, tak kuasa nak rebut parking, tak kuasa everything,

So makan jer lah apa yg ada.