Monday, September 29, 2008

Coming to The End and the new beginning and everything in between

It is now coming to the end of Ramadhan. It is sad to have gone through the month realising, that I could have done a lot more, much much more. Insyallah, I will wait for Ramadhan to come along again next year.

On a lighter note, wanted to update on some going ons in the past couple of weeks. I have been getting invitation for Buka Puasa from my suppliers and vendors. Usually I would politely decline the invitation since I prefer to buka puasa with Mama and the kids in the comfort of my home. However, I accepted one buka puasa invitation from one of my biggest supplier, since I can bring Mama and the kids along. Mama upon hearing the name of the hotel that we are going to, is quite excited since the hotal has quite a reputation for its buffet (Its coffehouse buffet is one of the best that we have had before) However, I will not name the hotel since takut nanti kena saman lak...

When we got to the place, apparently due to the overwhelming demand, they have opened up their grand ballroom into one big Buka Puasa Buffet spread. Everything is heavily commercialized nowadays, that the spirit of Iftar is lost. Coming back to the place, there were nearly 100 tables in the ballroom. My suppliers booked 4 tables for my compnay, and we managed to get our seats which was quite near to the buffet spread.

There were long buffet lines, and somehow we got there late, and the queue has actually subsided. People already took their plateful and were already seated. I got the kids with me and we took our time taking the desserts for the 1st round and only after breaking of fast would we go for the main course.

All in all it was quite a dissapointment (I got to know later that the Buka Puasa buffet in the coffee house was RM10 more than the buffet at the ballroom and there were limited seating)

- in the sense that, the food could have been better for the price.
- The service sucks, there were too little waiter around (I guess the place stretched themselves too thin with their service in trying to maximize the number of patrons)
- -it was too crowded

I dont know, maybe I had a different expectations for these things. Probably I was comparing to our BUka Puasa outing last year, which was enjoyable, not too hectic and a nice dining experience.


Finally, I want to express my good wishes to anyone reading this, anyone that knows, anyone who doesnt know me,

have a safe journey





cheers

2 comments:

wanshana said...

Salam Aidilfitri to you, Mama and your AFs.

Maaf Zahir & Batin.

Raya kat mana tahun ni?

Anonymous said...

Selamat hari raya....
mungkin sesuai utk raya enam kut.
hehehe...tu pun kalau buat..
sebab dah lambat sangat
mohon maaf zahir dan batin...
harap raya tahun ni meriah..