Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Futsal with a view and other thots

Last night was my futsal outing with the guys from the office. Well put it this way, the rest of the guys are young.. in their 20s, me and and YBA are touching 40.. sigh.

Anyway, one of the guys arranged a friendly with a team from TV3 (kononnya). It turns out that these guys are training for the upcoming National futsal league this weekend. Ulp! what have we got ourselves into.

Eventually it didnt turn out too bad. We didnt make a fool out of ourselves. Lost 2 matches and drew the other. Score... cant remember.

However, the view for that night is there was a filming going on at that venue... a taping of the tv series Gol & Gincu episode was taking place. So all the main actresses were there. So it was a nice sight indeed.

At home, my AF3 was still in transformers mode. Keep on repeating watching the transformers dvd, just like what he did when 'Cars' came out. The other day when we were in Subang Parade, he saw 'Cars' watch on display, he came to me with his cute eyes....

"Babah... boleh bili jam cars?'

This boy is four years old, cant even tell time, has two watches at home (one is a free faber castell digital watch, the other is a spiderman watch). So me being me, try to divert as much attention away from the topic until at one point..

'Babah.. naik atas pigi toysus' (Toy r us)

'ok nanti kita pergi' I happily replied, knowing if he goes to Toys r us he'll happily browse around, watch the promo on the tv sets until he is satisfied then we can leave peacefully. He is such a darling that he doesnt throw a tantrum.

Selamat duit babah



On another another note, I was at the Shah Alam pasar tani (the one located near the stadium) last sunday. As usual I would browse through the stalls carrying sports apparels. One particular stalls with footbal jersey replicas had the latest Arsenal 07/08 away strip. It was so much like the original. With the printed small print on the strip, the herbert chapman commemorative logo on the inside, with the quality of material... it was like wow? the price? RM40


Then I went to nike shop when I was in subang parade, there it was on display the same replica strip. The sales assistant came up to me started his sales pitch..

"bang, latest Arsenal jersey, tulisan tu semua pakai laser technology"

'yeah.... how much?'

"RM 250 jer...."

'ok... thank you'...

I check the quality, it was like very very very similar. I think only if I worked for Nike that I would know the difference. I am not advocating piracy or anything, but for that price?

Enuff Said.


Final thoughts of the day..... Welcome back my Treo 680. He ehe

No comments: